Thursday, April 2, 2009

Welcome To The Jungle

Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna die! Yes. G-n-R got it right. Only, the concrete jungle they refer to is a lot tougher place than they make it out to be in that awesome song, especially if you are an ex-felon looking for work. Unemployment is high in our great nation for one glaring reason...people's reluctance to higher ex-cons-those who have made poor choices in their pasts and, for the most part are very sorry for their past deeds and looking for the opportunity to make a fresh start. What resources do they have? Hardly any.

I've experienced the hopelessness and frustration of this phenomenon first hand, having plead guilty to an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge a couple years back. What did I do?
I bumped a car with a semi-truck that cut me off and slammed on it's brakes, because I couldn't stop quickly enough to prevent the collision. The other driver sped away, through a red light no less, and disappeared. I called 911 and reported the accident, giving the dispatcher the license plate number and description of the car. An hour later, the police arrived, with said individual ( and several carloads of people who swore they "saw the whole thing" ) and I ended up being arrested. Long story short, I couldn't afford an attorney and got rail-roaded in court.

Two years later, I'm still on probation....deferred adjudicated, three years to go, and unemployed. I have been turned down for job openings three times in as many days, with no reason given, but I know the truth. It's a sad truth about America. No one trusts anyone else anymore, especially if they perceive you as a "bad guy". Humph!.......GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK ALREADY!

What do you think our last President was? Answer? A criminal. Not just a criminal, but a drug addict, too. What the hell does that say about how hypocritical Americans can be? We won't lift a finger to help someone make a new start and be a contributing member of society, but we will elect a C average goof to the highest office in the land so he can get his fix of death and destruction on a global scale? Shame on us....ALL of us.

1 comment:

Tris the Drummer said...

You know who the Next President should be? JACK NICHOLSON, thats who, and you know why? Think about it......What possable scandels could you dig up on Jack? Picture it "I slept with Angelina Jolie, then she adopted me" would any one batt an eyelid? no. He's the only man on the planet who Keith Richards would stagger to his feet and say "I think I need to go home now Jack, don't feel too good"

Besides, picture the scene;

UN: "President Nicholson, we at the UN want answers about the invaision of (insert random oil rich country)"

JN "You want.....answers?"

UN: "We want the truth"

JN: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

Anyway, he did an alright job of the Presidency in Mars Attacks didn't he?