Friday, October 16, 2009

Monsterz Ball

Okay. It's mid-October. You know what that means. Yep. Every network is knocking the dust off of every monster movie you've ever heard of, including one guaranteed to give you the freakie shites for life: Trilogy Of Terror. I don't know if you've seen this little nugget or not, but it has genuinely freaked out millions of people, myself included. Hell, you should see how it effects my ex-wife. I can do that little Ya-ya-ya-ya! scream perfectly and, combine that with rattling knobs and swiping a steak knife under the door....well, she doesn't stop screaming 'til the sedatives kick in. Yeah, this movie definitely ranks very high on my fright factor film list, along with the original Salem's Lot with that spooky, blue, bald, buck-toothed vampire, John Carpenter's The Thing, and The Howling. There was also an episode of Tales From The Dark Side that featured a little monster under the bed and in the closet that looked kind of like an E.T. from Hell that had me leaping into my bed from the light switch for years...... Ahem. Getting back to my subject, though: The Zuni Fetish Doll. .......Is it just me, or does this dude look like Ronnie James Dio?



Seriously....dare to compare. You'll know for the first time, if he's evil, or divine.



Am I right, or what? Don't get me wrong, I love Dio's music. I've bought it all, even the ELF stuff and Angry Machines, so don't think I'm busting the man's proverbial balls....I'm not. I'm just saying, they have a passing resemblance. ......And he IS rather short... Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back under the blanket on my bed before the sun goes down. Oh, that's right...that doesn't keep the monsters at bay, either. THANKS A LOT CREATORS OF 'THE BOY WHO CRIED WEREWOLF'!!!!

No comments: